You’ve got questions! And this page has all the answers. That’s the plan, anyway. But if there’s anything you want to chat about, please feel free to contact me directly.
Is this your full-time job?
How much does it cost to work with you?
What artwork files do you provide?
How long does it take you to complete a project?
Can you start right away?
What’s involved in the design process?
Who will own the copyright?
How do you accept payment?
Will you design a sample project to show us how you work?
Can we work together, even though we live in different cities?
- Answer: Yes. I have been freelancing full-time since December 2006.
- Answer: I quote a fixed fee that is individually tailored to each project, based on the project scope, deliverables and the estimated time involved – which depends on several factors, including the research involved, the costs of any stock photos or custom illustrations, and expected revisions. My project quote is fixed, and will remain fixed, unless the project takes a serious change in direction. This is an ideal arrangement, both for me and for my clients, because it enables us to focus on completing the project successfully without worrying about going over budget.
For open-ended projects, my hourly rate is $65.
- Answer: The final deliverables will include all original files used to create the end product, such as any Illustrator, Photoshop or other related files, as well as a variety of web-friendly and print-ready file types for use in various mediums.
- Answer: I do my best to work with your schedule and deadline. I accept rush jobs when my own schedule allows it. If you’re working under a tight deadline, please let me know. Otherwise, I usually provide a time estimate with the project quote. Because every project is different, I prefer to evaluate each project before providing a timeline for delivery.
- Answer: It’s possible, but my main focus is on current clients. Please contact me for an estimated start date.
- Answer: There are three main phases to my design process:
- Evaluation – To begin, I like to conduct an evaluation of your project needs and end goal. I may have you fill out a questionnaire or may just ask you to verbally fill in any gaps to provide a clearer understanding of your project needs.
- Concept creation, review and revisions – This phase entails the creation of the design concepts, your review and the implementation of any revisions.
- Project completion – Once you are satisfied with your project, final payment is due. I will then prepare the final files for delivery.
- Answer: Upon payment of the full project balance, the copyright automatically transfers to you. However, I retain the right to use samples of the work as promotional material for my business, unless we arrange otherwise.
- Answer: As an approved merchant, I directly accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards through United Payment Service’s Connect SecurePAY®, a secure, hosted checkout application.
For your convenience, I also accept PayPal, or checks.
- Answer: I am happy to take on a small project at my normal rate, to assess how well we work together. I do not work on spec.
- Answer: Absolutely! I utilize mail, email, phone, Google Chat and Skype to collaborate with my long-distance clients. In fact, I have several wonderful clients who I’ve never met (even though I’d like to!). I’m available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CST, from Monday to Friday (except during holidays). Click here for my contact information.
If you have a question that is not listed above, feel free to contact me directly.